|2020 Second quarter|
|– Extention of the anti LOTS_OF_MONEY rule to Cc and Bcc|
– Each domain relayed out can have its mails forwarded to a smarthost
– Special work on the phishings due to CoVid
– New field to let administrators set the ciphers they want for SMTP
|2020 First quarter|
|– Per domain exceptions for rules “lot of money”|
– Added a whitelist for HTML controls
– Apply SPF exception IP list from SMTP to SpamC
– Update of tracing option “Hide rejected messages”
– Improvment : fix to honour newsletter whitelists except when SpamC is hit.
– Improvement Firewall restart process
– Fixed ClamAV filename check
– Logs are now kept for 1 year by default
– White and black -lists for IPs per domain (SMTP and SpamC)
– ClamSpam check for Malformed databases at startup
– Mails subject and/or attachment names in logs
– Added a validation for HELO names
– RBLs timeouts field in the web interface
– Extend per domain IP-WiteLists to the whole Antispam part
– Fix some issues with TrustedSources
– Extend IP-Whitelist to newsl
– Prevent unnecessary tests for ClamAV and ClamSpam
|2019 Fourth quarter|
|– Update to version 2019.10.02|
|2019 Third quarter|
|– Improvements in LDAP code|
– MIB for SNMP has been improved
– scripts releasing messages has been improved
– New detection of languages
– Improved SpamC rules
– database handlers were not correctly closed
|2019 Second quarter|
|– Staightened rules about DKIM|
– Improved greylist statistics reports
– Improved languages detection in Newsletter
– Improved SpamC rules
|2019 First quarter|
|– SPF checks and rules improvements|
– Minor bugs and security fixes
– Increase remote configuration backup time
– Swedish and Turkish languages added (user interface)
– Filetype filtering management improved
– NTP support improved
– Communication and security between master and slaves improved for clustering
– API improvements
|2018 Fourth quarter|
|– New rules for phishing, malware and specific malicious content|
– Security fixes
– New URIBL list added (SISA)
– Anti spoofing rules improved
– New Auto Bad URI specific for online payments
– IPV6 support improved
– New RBLs for phishing added
– Spamhaus and SURBL option support
|2018 Third quarter|
|– New VM package compatibility and stability|
– New languages: Chinese (Simplified), Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese (Brazil) and Portuguese (Portugal) for the user interface
– Dynamic language integration
– New interface to manage newsletters
– Extend newsletter whitelist to check both envelop and body sender
– Update DNS root databases
– Kaspersky option support
– New useful scripts for managing lists and batch release
– Fix initial database synchronisation bug
– Fixes in the REST API
– Adjusting MailCleaner internal rules (SpamC, newsletter, etc.)
|2018 Second quarter|
|– Wizard installer rebuilded|
– DB sync problems corrected
– Automatic update script for next updates
– Bayesian databases downloads improvement
– Email adresses matching improvement
– Improving the first startup of the VA
– Typos removed
– IPv6 bug in exim configuration fixe
– Fixes in the REST API
– Allows the addition of entries to sudoers
– Implemented the anti-breakdown system
|2018 First quarter|
|– New VM package compatibility and stability|
– Kernel update following Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities discovery
– Automatic update after first network interface initialization
– Automatic update before installation improved
|2017 Fourth quarter|
|– SMTP banner corrected to reflect Community Edition by default|
– Bug fix for firewall restart status
– Added support for languages: Albanian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Hindi, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Swedish.
– Removed warnings about “Purging environment” in Exim
– Improve and debug of wizard installer
|2017 Third quarter|
|– Configuration / backup network interface (192.168.1.42)|
– Possibility to change MailCLeaner’s host ID
– Automatic update of MailCleaner code (rolling updates)
– ClamAV and ClamSpam now include cld, cvd and compressed files in their accepted signature db files
– Auto-configuration feature added (Enterprise Edition only): daily auto download and apply of our maintained reference configuration.
– Possibility to whitelist ClamSpam rules
– Minors bug fixes and UI improvements
|– Merging for Community Edition and Enterprise Edition|
– Better spoofing protection
– MailCleaner “Configurator Wizard” added
– Apache updated to version 2.4.25 (64bits) and Php to version 5.6.29
– New Apache configuration with updated Cyphers
– Exim updated to version 4.88 #2
– Perl updated to version 5.20.2 (correction of a lot of bugs in Custom modules, MailScanner and SpamAssassin parsing)
– Security issues have been fixed
– MailCleaner custom kernel has been replaced by the Debian default kernel
– Real time filtering switches for .js/.jse , .docm/.dotm , .wsf : in archives or not
– Update system moved to git
– Public released code on GitHub
– New registration page for Enterprise or Community (optionnal)
– New graphical theme
– Tooltips for feature descriptions (admin interface)
– Two new languages: Italian and Dutch (user interface)
|2016061501 – 2016.06 upgrade to GANDALF||– (feature, filtering) Added black list for system, domain and user.|
– (feature, filtering) Added new anti-spoofing detection.
– (feature, admin gui) Added partial Tooltip documentation for admin gui.
– (feature, filtering) Added news RBLs: Invaluement SIP, SIP-INV, SIP24.
– (feature, translation) Added IT translation for user interface.
– (feature, translation) Added Dutch translation for user interface.
– (feature, system) New Watchdog system to intercept known bugs before correction.
– (bugfix, system) Fixed locales installation to en-us.UTF-8.
– (bugfix, filtering) Fixed subject encoding issue with newsletters.
– (bugfix, filtering) Fixed DOCX blocked as executeable.
– (bugfix, log) Added SQL binary log cleaning.
– (bugfix, filtering) Fixed score increase when ClamSpam or UriRBLs answer is too big.
– (bugfix, antivirus) Fixed ClamAV bad parsing for fr locales.
– (bugfix, system) Moved package system to archive.
– (bugfix, system) Fixed a specific situation where patch version could regress.
– (improvment, filtering) Disable list.dnswl.org.
– (improvment, filtering) Newsletters rules auto update.
– (improvment, system) Updated DB schema to allow check_db auto repair.
– (improvment, filtering) Force retain newsletters in quarantine for new Mailcleaner installations.
– (improvment, system) Added employee keys for support
– (improvment, system) Removed company global key for support
|2016013101 – 2016.01 upgrade to SUMMERTIME||– (bugfix, UI) Fixed missing translations in reset password form.|
– (bugfix, security) Fixed XSS vulnerability in login form.
– (bugfix, security) Removed PHPINFO page.
– (bugfix, UI) Removed PHP WARNING messages.
– (bugfix, filtering) Removed legacy RBL.
– (improvment, filtering) Added ClamAV SecuriteInfo signatures.
– (improvment, filtering) Added new RBLs.
– (improvment, filtering) Added Kaspersky Anti-Virus optionnal module.
– (improvment, filtering) Added Newsletter’s module.
|2015063001 – 2015.06 upgrade to PATCHWORK||– (bugfix, admin gui) – Each administrator account has now a unique name|
– (bugfix, filtering) – Better detection of messages and attachments in foreign languages (Chinese and Hebrew tested, probably some others concerned)
– (bugfix, filtering) – Better detection of new Microsoft Office documents (xlsx, docx, dat etc…)
– (bugfix, maintenance) – Clean spam quarantine beginning by a number in database (spam_num)
– (improvement, maintenance) – To limit inodes consumption, count files are now purged (one year retention period)
– (bugfix, translation) – Some German translation were corrected
– (improvement, filtering) – The EPS attachment type was added and is allowed by default
– (bugfix, typography) – The word Codabase was corrected: Codebase
– (bugfix, admin gui) – The content quarantine is now correctly sorted on both date and time
– (bugfix, admin gui) – Unescaped character prevent message release
– (bugfix, admin gui) – Invalid character in headers corrupts quarantine message display
– (bugfix, admin gui) – Single quote in local part of email address prevents a lot of things
– (improvement, MC team tools) – Big improvements about reporting false-positive to firstname.lastname@example.org (Delays and future filtering greatly improved). Same thing planned for false-negative reported to email@example.com
|2014120101 – 2014.10 upgrade||– (security, admin gui) – set Cypher priority|
– (security, admin gui) – support of TLS v1.1 v1.2
– (upgrade, os) – major upgrade of ClamAV (clamd & ClamSpam), openssl
|2014102101 – 2014.10 upgrade||– (improvement, smtp) – changed LDAP callout behavior to accept on failure|
– (improvement, filtering) – added X-Auto-Response-Suppress on detected spams
– (bugfix, filtering) – fixed potential white space before subject in quarantined messages
– (bugfix, admin gui) – increased the Trusted IPs/Network field size
– (feature, smtp) – added authenticated users blocking list
– (bugfix, smtp) – fixed LDAP quoting
– (improvement, os) – improved IPv6 firewalling support
– (improvement, smtp) – increased limit in SPF included resolutions
– (feature, filtering) – added avoidable hosts list in PreRBls module
– (feature, filtering) – added support for optional MessageSniffer module
– (feature, gui) – added auto-detection of starttls on LDAP connector
– (bugfix, admin gui) – cleaning of some output in logs view
– (improvement, admin gui) – changed defaults for DKIM DNS record information to match current recommendations
– (improvement, os) – added Squeeze LTS for long support security updates
– (upgrade, os) – major upgrade of Apache, MySQL, PHP and SpamAssassin packages
– (upgrade, security) – removed usage of SSLv3
|2013121801 – minor update||– (feature, smtp) – Added full DMARC support, including optional reporting|
– (feature, filtering) – added checks of hostname-domain pairs of well know mail senders to avoid PreRBLs hits
– (improvement, filtering) – improved handling of corrupted TNEF archives
– (improvement, http) – improved SSL security
– (improvement, smtp) – added NTLM authentication support
– (improvement, smtp) – LDAP callout now accept messages on query failure (instead of temporary rejection)
– (feature, smtp) – added SMTP authentication cache
|2013100802 – minor update||– (feature, user) – address grouping in user’s quarantine and summary|
– (improvement, admin gui) – improved display of connection error between hosts
– (improvement, admin gui) – hiding of SSL certificate key
– (improvement, system) – remove useless TRACE/TRACK options of HTTP server
– (improvement, system) – improved update check and download
|2013073001 – upgrade to 2013.7||– (feature, user) – added bypass all filtering option|
– (feature, admin gui) – added local address verification connector
– (feature, admin gui) – added automatic password generation for local user
– (feature, smtp) – added smtp_accept_max_per_connection option
– (feature, user) – added digest links for automatic login
– (improvement, admin gui) – improved SSL/TLS handling with LDAP connectors
– (improvement, filtering) – improved CommTouch plugin integration
– (improvement, filtering) – improved UriRBL handling of urls
– (feature, smtp) – added recipient blacklist
– (improvement, filtering) – improved prefilters handling of large messages
– (feature, filtering) – added MailCleaner whitelist
– (fix, filtering) – fixed IPv6 handling for TrustedSources prefilter
– (improvement, filtering) – improved ClamSpam dataset downloads
– (fix, admin gui) – increased timeout value when releasing blocked content
– (improvement, gui) – changed password scheme to crypt-sha512
|2012021601 – upgrade to 2012.2||– (feature, updates) – added RSS feed information|
– (feature, admin gui) – added information on tracing panel
– (feature, admin gui) – downloadable log extracts from tracing panel
– (feature, admin gui) – added callout cache clearing button
– (feature, filtering) – added option for rejecting bad reverse DNS at SMTP level
– (feature, filtering) – added option to avoid PreRBLs check when SPF record is good (to avoid hotmail, gmail, etc.. from being blocked)
– (feature, admin gui) – added per domain/user external archiving option
– (feature, admin gui) – added per domain/user “send a copy to” option
– (feature, admin gui) – added Reply-To option for error messages
– (feature, system) – full IPv6 support
– (feature, admin gui) – added IPv6 and IPv4 virtual IPs management
– (feature, API) – added user and address management API