Manage non-filtered spams from within your mailbox.
A plug-in may be added to Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007 for Windows to automatically notify MailCleaner that spam has been received. This plug-in installs a button in the menu bar that displays the MailCleaner logo and the caption “Unwanted”.
Every adjustment request will be taken into account in the continuous filter adjustment process.
Note: Your system administrator may have blocked the installation of Outlook plug-ins on your computer and should be contacted in such a case.
Installing the MailCleaner plug-in for Outlook
To install the MailCleaner plug-in for Outlook for Windows:
- Download the latest version from the Help section of the Control Panel.
- Close the Outlook application if it has been started.
- Double-click on the installer icon.
- Follow the instructions.
- A message confirms the successful installation of the plug-in.
- Restart Outlook.
A new button should be present in your Outlook toolbar.
Managing false negatives with Microsoft Outlook for Windows
- Select the received spam in the list of messages.
- Click on the “Unwanted” button in the toolbar.
- A filter adjustment request is sent to the Analysis Center along with a copy of the unwanted message.
- You may then delete the spam.
No confirmation will be sent to you, but your request will be taken into account in the continuous filter adjustment process.
See also in the user manual
Decide what to do when the filter makes a wrong decision.